This pound cake is a variation of one I made over the holidays, which called for orange zest and orange liqueur. Here, lemon zest and juice have replaced the orange zest and liqueur, and the baking powder has been reduced a tad, too. Like the orange and ricotta cake, this one is incredibly moist and delicious, and while the peak of lemon season has passed, somehow nothing feels springier than lemony treats. It’s also a cinch to throw together.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks | 6 oz | 170 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more to grease the baking pan
- 1 1/2 cups (6.75 oz | 196 g) cake flour (I use all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 (13 oz | 366 g) cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon (12.5 oz | 360 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs