- 4 beets
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Place beets in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until beets can easily be pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and slice beets; place into a large bowl.
- Combine apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and pour over beets. Mix well. Add caraway seeds and mix again. Allow to chill 2 hours before serving.