Roasted pepper is a common ingredient in Italian cuisine.
Whether using it in Pasta dishes or as a topping for Pizza, Polenta or Bruschetta, this roasted vegetable adds so much flavor to almost any dish.
If you have never roasted bell peppers before, be sure to consult this detailed step by step photo tutorial on How to Roast Bell Peppers.
Roasted bell peppers are also the main ingredient in this appetizer recipe, often referred to as the Italian peppers in oil recipe.
Simply roast (or barbecue), peel and slice your peppers. Drizzle some olive oil, add minced garlic, chopped flat-leaf parsley, salt, and pepper to taste and marinate.
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATED PEPPERS RECIPE:
- Roasted Bell Peppers. Orange, yellow and/or red.
- Garlic. Combines perfectly with bell peppers.
- Parsley. Italian flat-leaf has so much flavor.
- Olive oil. If possible, use extra virgin.
- Salt and Pepper. To taste.