- Mushroom Filling:
- 3 cups mushrooms (fresh, finely chopped)
- 2 large onions (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or more)
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs (fine dry, or more)
- Optional: salt and pepper (to taste)
- For the Pierogi Dough:
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons oil (vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup broth (chicken)
- 4 cups flour (all-purpose)
Steps to Make It
Make the Filling
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper, mixing well. Use immediately.
Make the Pierogi Dough
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, 5 tablespoons sour cream oil, salt, and chicken broth until well mixed.
- Add flour and knead by hand or in a stand mixer until the dough is smooth. Wrap with plastic and let rest at least 10 minutes.
Fill and Cook
- Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, follow these steps to roll, cut, fill, and cook pierogi.