If you love Mexican food then these Mexican taquitos with shredded chicken and cream cheese is the ultimate combination.These chicken taquitos are made with shredded chicken,cream cheese along with salsa makes these chicken taquitos recipe the easy and best. You can make these taquitos fried or baked but in either way they are amazing.Try this authentic chicken taquitos recipe and you will love this!
- 1 Cup,Chicken,cooked and shredded
- 3 Tbsp Cream Cheese,softened
- 1 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella,shredded(or use Colby Jack/Monterey Jack Combo)
- Salt as per need
- 3 Tbsp Salsa
- 1 tsp Pepper ground
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 Green Onions / Spring Onion,chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 2 Medium Tomatoes,roughly chopped
- 2 Small Jalapeno(Seeds and ribs removed)
- 1/2 Red Onion,sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- As per need Salt
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper,roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic,cloves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Storebought Salsa Jar
- 6 Mini/Small (6-Inch) Flour Tortillas/Corn Tortilla
- Oil for frying
- To make salsa,in a mixer grinder add all the ingredients mentioned for salsa and pulse them for few seconds but do not make watery paste.
- To make the filling, to a mixing bowl,add the chicken along with spices and toss well.
- Next add the sour cream,cream cheese,cheese,salsa and mix well.
- Place a mini tortilla,add the stuffing,spring onion and cilantro,roll tightly.
- Optionally keep it intact with a toothpick.
- In a shallow pan,add oil enough to cover the taquitos, and when its hot enough,slowly arrange taquitos and fry till crisp.
- Watch out for the taquitos as they cook very fast.
- Drain them on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with salsa.
2.You can skip sour cream if not available. Also use of cheese is as per personal preference.
3.To make salsa just pulse it in mixer grinder once.Do not over grind it otherwise it will turn watery.
4.If you are using corn tortilla then to make them soft,cover them with a damp tissue or kitchen towel and microwave till it is soft. You can also apply some oil to tortilla before heating the corn tortilla.
5.The taquitos tend to fry very quickly so once you fry them watch closely or else they will burn.
6.To make sure the rolled up tortilla to hold the shape,you can keep them intact by using a toothpick.
7.You can boil chicken breast meat and shred to use or get rotisserie chicken from store and shred it to use in the recipe.