- 1½ kg large potatoes (peeled, cooked and mashed before and stored in the fridge)
- 3½ cups plain flour +some more for working surface
- 3 large eggs
- large flat pot
- slotted spoon
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Mix potatoes with flour and eggs, season with salt.
- Knead dough fast on floured surface, do not let it to get warm because it will turn soft and sticky.
- Create 2 cm wide rolls, flatten them with your hand and chop with the knife.
- Place some of them (only as much as can fit on the bottom of the pot) in pot of boiling water, cook for 3 – 4 minutes from the time they start floating on the surface.
- Remove kopytka from the pot using slotted spoon and place another portion in the pot.
- When all kopytka are cooked share to the plates and top with your favourite topping. Optionally refry before sharing to the plates.
Serves 5 people as a main dish or many more as a side dish.