Yields: 36 rum balls
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup finely ground pecans
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum (light or dark your choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners’ sugar
- Combine flour, pecans, butter, sugar, rum and vanilla in bowl.
- With floured hands, roll rounded teaspoons of dough into 3/4-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake fro 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, place on wire rack to cool.
- Store at room temperature or freeze.
- Dust with sugar before serving.