For the Chicken:
- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in and skin-on and trimmed of extra fat)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
For the Potatoes:
- 6-8 large potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and cut into rounds)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning herbs
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- half a lemon
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- Chopped parsley
- Combine all the ingredients listed in the “For the Chicken” section, make sure the chicken is well coated in the marinade. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, a few hours or overnight.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for about an hour. If you have time, replace the water after 30 minutes, for crispier potatoes.
- Discard water and pat dry the potatoes with a paper towel.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by drizzling it with some olive oil.
Cooking the Veggies:
- Place bowl with chicken on the counter, for the meat to come to room temperature.
- Peel the carrot and cut into rounds.
- Add carrot and potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add all the ingredients from the “For the Potatoes” section and toss to combine.
- Add potatoes and carrot to the prepared baking dish. Distribute evenly. Make sure the potatoes are not overcrowded, otherwise they will steam and not get crispy.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn veggies onto the other side.
Adding the Chicken:
- Give the chicken a good stir and place chicken thighs on top of the potatoes. Do NOT add the leftover sauce from the marinade.
- Add the fresh rosemary springs and the halved lemon.
- Bake for another 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and crispy and the veggies are tender.
- To get the meat crispier, broil for 5 minutes before removing from the oven. Keep an eye on it to not burn it.
- Remove from the oven, discard rosemary sprigs and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.