WEEKNIGHT ENCHILADAS VERDES RECIPE
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
FOR THE ENCHILADAS
- 1 1/2 cups Easy Salsa Verde recipe (or store bought salsa verde)
- 12 corn tortillas (soft flour tortillas can also be used)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- optional toppings: diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, sour cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Slice chicken breast or thighs into thin strips. In a medium bowl, combine sliced chicken, olive oil, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt and lime juice.
Place seasoned chicken onto prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked through.
Place corn tortillas on a plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften them up and make them pliable.
In a 2 or 3 quart baking dish, begin to assemble the enchiladas. Spoon some of the baked chicken into a warm tortilla. Roll it up and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Continue until all tortillas have been filled.
Pour the salsa verde evenly on top of the enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
Serve with diced tomatoes, cilantro and green onions.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.