Lobster tails for breakfast?! Warm, flaky, cheese-stuffed lobster tails 😋
- 1 box (2 sheets) puff pastry
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces ricotta, strained through cheesecloth
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Zest of 1 orange
- Thaw puff pastry according to directions. Slice each sheet into thirds. Stack the sheets, brushing melted butter between each. Place in the fridge for an hour or until the dough has firmed up and butter has hardened. Remove from fridge and roll out to twice its size. Slice in half and stack on top of each other, brushing butter in between. Roll up into a log, starting from one of the short sides. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients to form the filling.
- Remove rolled dough from fridge and slice into 1/2-inch spiral discs. Using your hands, spread each disc to create an oval 1 1/2 times its original size. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling into the dough and pinch shut. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.